After a wonderful career in the world of integrated marketing communications, I decided to leave corporate America to run my photography business full-time. While enjoying my business and the flexibility of setting my own schedule, I had the opportunity to teach one of my favorite subjects at my undergrad alma mater and immediately fell in love with academia. I'm now beginning a totally new chapter in my life - PhD! I am currently a doctoral student at the University of South Carolina in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication with an anticipated graduation date of 2019.
"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." - Susan Sontag
Traveling is as essential to my life as breathing. If I don't have a trip on the calendar I'm probably planning one! Favorite destinations include Italy, Paris, and Hawaii, but I also have a large place in my heart reserved for Surfside Beach, SC, and Disney World. When I'm not planning a vacation or traveling you can probably find me reading in a big comfy chair.
FACTS ABOUT ME
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." - Matt Smith/Doctor Who
Here are a few random facts that you probably wouldn't know about me unless we shared a cup of tea:
- I'm an avid Harry Potter, Doctor Who and Star Trek fan.
- I got my black belt in Tae Kwon Do at the age of 36.
- I am an adoptive Mom of 2 beautiful girls from Peru.
- I love movies and frequently quote lines from my favorites (my apologies in advance).
- I firmly believe that everything is better with cheese and chocolate.
- I am addicted to Burts Bees Lip Balm.
- I rarely eat meat, but I don't claim the vegetarian label.
- My husband gave me a miter saw for Valentine's Day 3 years ago and it's been the best. gift. ever. A day in the garage with my power tools is almost as good as a massage. Almost.