As a communications professional, I’ve been a graphic designer, campaign manager, brand manager, marketing manager, photographer, a podcaster, and overall manager of chaos. Here are a few of my favorite roles/projects.
Professional communications experience
Red K Photography, LLC, Indian Land, SC (September 2004 – May 2016)
- Small business owner and professional photographer specializing in weddings and corporate events
Red Ventures, Fort Mill, SC (June 2009 – April 2012)
- Managed efforts that drove inbound phone calls into the sales center and generated a positive ROI.
- Managed a team of five creative professionals designing websites, writing copy and executing online campaigns.
AAA Carolinas, Charlotte, NC (September 2004 – June 2009)
Marketing Manager, Brand & Membership (March 2006 – June 2009)
Marketing Manager, Car Care & Insurance (September 2004 – March 2006)
- Managed all marketing efforts related to general brand awareness, membership acquisition and retention for the 1.7-million-member organization
- Coordinated and tracked direct mail efforts of over nine million pieces of mail each year to result in over 282,000 new members annually
- Developed and maintained yearly budget for membership growth across all acquisition and retention channels
- Conducted market research and performed demographic analyses of current and potential customers
Family Trust Federal Credit Union, Rock Hill, SC (June 1999 – August 2004)
AVP Marketing & Public Relations (November 2001 – August 2004)
Marketing Director (June 1999 – October 2001)
Led and managed the marketing, advertising and promotion of the $145 million asset credit union including: coordinating advertising efforts with local media, conducting marketing research, and managing the credit union’s image in the five branch lobbies.